couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From eric casteleijn <eric.castele...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: Big problems with writes to _config
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:08:01 GMT
Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2009, at 12:09, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> On 28 Oct 2009, at 03:46, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>>
>>> On Oct 27, 2009, at 7:49 PM, eric casteleijn wrote:
>>>
>>> 1) extending or disabling the couch_config gen_server timeout.  The
>>> default is 5000 milliseconds.  This is a one-line patch.
>>>
>>> […]
>>>

>>> In each case the response times for PUT/_config/... may become
>>> uncomfortably long, but at least you won't be serving 500s from
>>> couch. Best, Adam
>>
>> great analysis Alan. Here's the proposed patch for 1) that sets the
>> gen_server timeout to 60 seconds:
>
> Thanks to *Adam* (sorry :), this is the more appropriate patch:
>
> http://www.friendpaste.com/2ztG8995onyXQGpXrFWZGd

Just to close the circle: thanks everyone who replied and tried to help!
  I filed a bug for the issue, and attached a proposed fix written by my
Colleague Gustavo Niemeyer.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, so sorry if I seem a bit curt, I am *very*
appreciative of all of your help and ideas!

--
- eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred