couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Helmberger <sven.helmber...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Standalone CouchDB Applications without Javascript
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 07:57:04 GMT
Chris Anderson schrieb:

> I think the _update function can do this. It has access to the
> userCtx, so it could redirect to the list of users's items, or
> something. The point is you can programmatically control this, by
> sending the correct headers in the response to an _update action.
>
> I think this accomplishes your goals. If not, then I want to know more
> about your goals, because the motivation (pure HTML) is noble.

Yes, this basically seems to provide what I need, except for one thing:
I can't send a PUT requests with pure HTML which means I can only create
new or objects or completely overwrite them.

I know it's not the way REST should work etc, but unfortunately browsers
don't really care. So is there a possibility to at least optionally
being allowed to POST to a _update function with docId instead of PUT?

Regards,
Sven Helmberger