couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 release, second round
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 03:51:27 GMT
On 8/10/2009 3:29 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 release, second
> round.

I'm not yet up on the formal procedure, but the best I can offer for
Windows is a token +0.  There are 2 main reasons for this:

* I've needed to use the svn branch to build and test a windows
installer.  For reasons which will be resolved by me in time for 0.11,
it was necessary to re-bootstrap the release to get an installer out,
and that doesn't seem possible to do from a tarball.

* As reported in the past, the test suite fails fairly badly due to an
inability to delete a database while it is in use.  The few tests I ran
manually did work.  Testing with my application was also successful.

I've put a windows installer for 0.10 at:

http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/0.10.0/

You will find an executable and .md5 file there.  It would be great if
people can try it out and offer all feedback.  I've only mentioned this
on the dev list - once I get a few reports of success (and after 0.10
officially ships) I'll announce it on the user list.

Cheers,

Mark