couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Elliot Murphy <ell...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: Recent fixes targeted at 0.10.x
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:22:02 GMT
On 10/05/2009 04:52 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>> This is by no means meant to apply any extra pressure, but for Ubuntu
>> Karmic we have to package the CouchDB that is going to ship with the
>> final release more or less now. On the other hand we'd love to have an
>> officially released version in there rather than a packaged svn
>> snapshot, since that will make things like backporting critical
>> bugfixes and reporting bugs upstream a lot easier to streamline. Is it
>> realistic that the release will happen this week? "No", is an
>> acceptable answer, in that case we'll just start packaging what's
>> there now.
>
> I will prepare and call the vote tonight. That should take three days.

Cool, thanks!

> I was talking with the Debian Erlang guy, and he tells me that interest
> in the Debian package for CouchDB has waned since I last collected some
> volunteers for it's maintenance. Is it the case that no one is still
> interested in doing this work for Debian upstream? Are there any more
> volunteers?

This is my fault, I've been so busy with working on getting Ubuntu 9.10
ready for release. Sorry about that. Good intentions etc. etc.

I do very much want to get all the Ubuntu packaging changes for CouchDB
into Debian, along with the latest and greatest version of CouchDB. I
didn't feel as comfortable asking for svn snapshots of CouchDB to be
uploaded to Debian, so we did a lot of uploads and testing of svn
snaphots directly into Ubuntu. In about 3 weeks Ubuntu 9.10 will be
released, and then we'll start syncing automatically from Debian again,
which provides really good motivation to get the Debian packages caught up.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/