couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection refused when inserting document and reached_max_restart_intensity in the log.
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 12:50:31 GMT
Hi,

Jan suggested I start a thread on dev about a problem I'm encountering
on couchdb trunk. I'm performing long running insertion tests (that
is, millions of inserts) in order to quantify the differences between
batch vs. sync and random identifiers vs. sequential ones. I find it
hard to complete a 5 million insertion run as my client eventually
(and randomly) gets a "connection refused" error from couchdb.
Immediately after that occurs, I can successfully hit couchdb with
curl, so it's transitory. I found the following errors in the log
around the time of the problem;

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 3-Oct-2009::13:32:18 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_secondary_services}
     Context:    shutdown
     Reason:     reached_max_restart_intensity
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.5273.0>},
                  {name,uuids},
                  {mfa,{couch_uuids,start,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

[error] [<0.76.0>] {error_report,<0.30.0>,
    {<0.76.0>,supervisor_report,
     [{supervisor,{local,couch_server_sup}},
      {errorContext,child_terminated},
      {reason,shutdown},
      {offender,
          [{pid,<0.2218.0>},
           {name,couch_secondary_services},
           {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
           {restart_type,permanent},
           {shutdown,infinity},
           {child_type,supervisor}]}]}}

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 3-Oct-2009::13:32:18 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
     Context:    child_terminated
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.2218.0>},
                  {name,couch_secondary_services},
                  {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

=ERROR REPORT==== 3-Oct-2009::13:32:18 ===
Error in process <0.5316.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{ets,insert,[stats_hit_table,{{couchdb,open_databases},-1}]},{couch_stats_collector,decrement,1}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 3-Oct-2009::13:32:18 ===
Error in process <0.5312.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{ets,insert,[stats_hit_table,{{couchdb,open_os_files},-1}]},{couch_stats_collector,decrement,1}]}