couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r814778 - in /couchdb/trunk: share/www/script/ share/www/script/test/ src/couchdb/
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:12:33 GMT
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi devs, I'm all for this commit, but what should we do about our 0.10
> "beta" release?  If our next release doesn't have _all_docs_by_seq I think
> the beta should deprecate or remove it.

I think the plan is to leave both features in 0.10, with a deprecation
warning on all_docs_by_seq, but I'm open to whatever.

Also, I don't know what a deprecation warning would look like. maybe
just a tag at the top of the response saying:
"notice":"_all_docs_by_seq is deprecated, please use _changes"

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net