couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Varnish and Multi-doc Fetch?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:54:49 GMT
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 11 Sep 2009, at 20:20, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>>> We could also start supporting GET bodies :)
>>
>> Its not about us supporting GET bodies. Its about everyone else
>> supporting them. And by everyone, I mean everyone from http client
>> libraries to proxy implementations.
>>
>> Last I recall on the subject was that GET bodies only arguably exist
>> because they're never explicitly forbidden. I'm not particularly
>> familiar with all the details though so I could be wrong on that
>> point.
>
> I'm aware of these points ;) — I'm suggesting merely that we probably
> want to implement it "the right way" (GET + body, my opinion) first and
> real-world workarounds second. Users who can trust their infrastructure
> can use the right way and maybe raise awareness of incomplete RFC
> compliance with other projects and vendors.

Patches welcome. :)

If its as easy as making the obvious calls to grab from the GET body
then I'll add it as well, but I'm feeling pragmatic today so the first
indication I had that it was going to be non-trivial I'd drop it like
a something that was really heavy.

[This paragraph redacted to avoid debate on a simple ticket]

Paul Davis