couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Delta 2038 <delta2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r815984 - in /couchdb/trunk: share/www/script/test/view_include_docs.js src/couchdb/couch_httpd_db.erl src/couchdb/couch_httpd_view.erl
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:45:22 GMT
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> Of course, the usual include_docs performance caveats apply, but this
> time we get a feature out of it!

A bit off-topic here, but would you elaborate maybe just a little bit the
include_docs performance caveats? I assume that it involves reading another
view to grab the documents since they are not present in the current view?
We are interested in learning how much of a performance hit it actually
incurs. We could set up some load tests ourselves to find out, but if you
already have some pretty good idea... :)