couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Second call for objections releasing 0.10
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 05:50:08 GMT
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I think I see where this is coming from, but rather see it perceived that
> bugfix updates to a stable branch should happen in a timely manner. We can't
> hold back releases forever and we should demonstrate that we can release
> 0.10.1 quickly, if needed.
>

I didn't say apache process is bad anyway. I agree with you on this
point. And I'm perfectly ok with agile development as you know that ;)

But in any case, I find it isn't normal to have spurious logs in
production that may have others side effects. This is difficult to
have such logs when you have a product online or in tests and I
wouldn't use a service that accept such logs without knowing if it has
side effects or not (and then logs should be more quiet anyway to
allow read of others). I just opened the bug because I was testing
that when noah called for the release, but of course it could have
been detected before and maybe that's the point. In my opinion,
something could be done to test most of expected scenarios before
release. It won't be perfect but in this case, it would have help I
guess.

> I hope this addresses your concern.
>

Sure, sorry for my french. I didn't want to be rude. I was just
worried that for once time couchdb could become unstable.

- benoƮt

Mime
View raw message