couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <>
Subject Re: Call for objections releasing 0.10
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:02:32 GMT

On Sep 15, 2009, at 5:00 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> Hey,
> I plan on cutting the 0.10 release for a vote today.
> I would like to collect any objections now before I go through the
> motions.
> Thanks,
> --
> Noah Slater,

I'd really like to see
COUCHDB-257 and
integrated.  Neither are regressions, but they both address
significant issues and are pretty trivial amounts of code.

Without the fix for COUCHDB-257, any attempt to access CouchDB from IE
6 (not sure about 7) will result in stale documents being used in the
app since the lack of an Expires tag results in the browser always
considering the previously retrieve version fresh.  There is not a new
test case for it since the many test cases in the suite fail on IE
already, likely many because of this issue.  However, there is a test
that you can drop into Futon to test this issue in isolation.  Though
I would not recommend IE 6 to anyone, it is still the browser of
choice in some organizations.

COUCHDB-345 prevents misencoded documents from being inserted in the
database after which they result in catastrophic failures of views.
The current patch could be optimized to only call xmerl_ucs:from_utf8
if there is a byte value of 0x80 or above which should reduce the
performance hit.  It did have a knock on to OAuth  which I don't know
whether it had been resolved, but we don't want OAuth breaking views

View raw message