couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Varnish and Multi-doc Fetch?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:26:13 GMT
Hi Paul,

On 11 Sep 2009, at 20:20, Paul Davis wrote:

>> We could also start supporting GET bodies :)
>
> Its not about us supporting GET bodies. Its about everyone else
> supporting them. And by everyone, I mean everyone from http client
> libraries to proxy implementations.
>
> Last I recall on the subject was that GET bodies only arguably exist
> because they're never explicitly forbidden. I'm not particularly
> familiar with all the details though so I could be wrong on that
> point.

I'm aware of these points ;) — I'm suggesting merely that we probably
want to implement it "the right way" (GET + body, my opinion) first and
real-world workarounds second. Users who can trust their infrastructure
can use the right way and maybe raise awareness of incomplete RFC
compliance with other projects and vendors.

Cheers
Jan
--
Fixing The Web one step at a time.