couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Kalkwarf <st...@kalkwarf.com>
Subject Couch crashes from /usr/local/bin, works from /tmp
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:57:46 GMT
I finally sorted out my build and link problems, and have a shiny, new
couchdb to play with. But something's not quite right.

If I run couchdb from /usr/local/bin, where 'make install' put it, it
appears to crash. I read the FAQ at <http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Troubleshooting
 >. When I run couchdb from the temporary directory, as advised, it
launches and answers on port 5984.

A long time ago, I had a couchdb installed, and I wonder if some dregs
were left behind that are fouling the new build.

Mac OS 10.6.1 (Intel)
Erlang R13B01
douchdb source is Revision: 816667

Advice, please?

Zot:couchdb kalkwarf$ /usr/local/bin/couchdb
Apache CouchDB 0.11.0a816667 (LogLevel=info) is starting.

=CRASH REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::15:35:07 ===
   crasher:
     initial call: couch_event_sup:init/1
     pid: <0.79.0>
     registered_name: []
     exception exit: {{badmatch,
                          {'EXIT',
                              {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
                               [{couch_log,init,1},
                                {gen_event,server_add_handler,4},
                                {gen_event,handle_msg,5},
                                {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                      [{couch_event_sup,init,1},
                       {gen_server,init_it,6},
                       {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
       in function  gen_server:init_it/6
     ancestors: [couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.32.0>]
     messages: []
     links: [<0.78.0>,<0.4.0>]
     dictionary: []
     trap_exit: false
     status: running
     heap_size: 377
     stack_size: 24
     reductions: 120
   neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::15:35:07 ===
      Supervisor: {local,couch_primary_services}
      Context:    start_error
      Reason:     {{badmatch,{'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
                                      [{couch_log,init,1},
                                       {gen_event,server_add_handler,4},
                                       {gen_event,handle_msg,5},
                                       {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                   [{couch_event_sup,init,1},
                    {gen_server,init_it,6},
                    {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
      Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                   {name,couch_log},
                   {mfa,{couch_log,start_link,[]}},
                   {restart_type,permanent},
                   {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                   {child_type,worker}]

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::15:35:07 ===
      Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
      Context:    start_error
      Reason:     shutdown
      Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                   {name,couch_primary_services},
                   {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_primary_services,[]}},
                   {restart_type,permanent},
                   {shutdown,infinity},
                   {child_type,supervisor}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::15:35:07 ===
   crasher:
     initial call: application_master:init/4
     pid: <0.31.0>
     registered_name: []
     exception exit: {bad_return,
                         {{couch_app,start,
                              [normal,
                               ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                                "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                          {'EXIT',
                              {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                               [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                                {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
       in function  application_master:init/4
     ancestors: [<0.30.0>]
     messages: [{'EXIT',<0.32.0>,normal}]
     links: [<0.30.0>,<0.5.0>]
     dictionary: []
     trap_exit: true
     status: running
     heap_size: 987
     stack_size: 24
     reductions: 162
   neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::15:35:07 ===
     application: couch
     exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start,
                                     [normal,
                                      ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/
default.ini",
                                       "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/
local.ini"]]},
                          {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                                   [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                                    {application_master,start_it_old,
4}]}}}}
     type: temporary
^C
Zot:couchdb kalkwarf$ /usr/local/bin/couchdb