couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Almost ready to release 0.10.0
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:42:02 GMT

On 29 Sep 2009, at 15:29, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Paul Joseph Davis wrote:
>
>> That is quite doable. I reckon I have an eta of 20-25 minutes
>> before i'm back to !iPhone. Though me or someone else should double
>> check what ended up being required for the oauth and ibrowse imports.
>>
>> If it requires faxing I'm only comitting the check. I think that it
>> didn't but we need to make certain. There was a big thread on it.
>> The only keywords comming to mind are uncertain, uneasy, or
>> similar. First email was from Curt Arnold I do believe.
>>
>> Yay release!
>>

> I took a quick peek at the Github for ETAP.  A quick peek did not
> reveal what license ETAP uses.  Did I miss it?  One of the big
> qualifiers in the quoted email was a 3rd party dependency with an
> ASF compatible license.
>
> The "unease" thread was related to using GitHub for collaborative
> development where the mailing list community is unaware of a big
> development effort until it hits the SVN in an already gelled state
> and can no long influence the design.  Doesn't really bear on
> pulling something from GitHub.

There is a license header here, e.g.:

http://github.com/ngerakines/etap/blob/master/src/etap.erl

including:

%% to deal in the Software without
%% restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
%% copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
%% copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
%% Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
%% conditions:
%%
%% The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
%% included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Cheers
Jan