couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Helmberger <sven.helmber...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 release
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:58:08 GMT
Jan Lehnardt schrieb:

> On 30 Sep 2009, at 17:18, eric casteleijn wrote:
>
>> Noah Slater wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 release.
>>> This release added ETap sources from Nick Gerakines under the BSD
>>> license,
>>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
>>> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
>>> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get
>>> stuck in!
>>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>>  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.10.0
>>> These artifacts have been built from the 0.10.0 tag in Subversion:
>>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.10.0
>>> Happy voting,
>>> Noah
>>
>> +1
>>
>> built[*] and passed all tests on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) alpha.
>>
>> [*] I have to configure *and* run as follows, or the view server does
>> not work at all, but that's a problem with xulrunner-dev, rather than
>> with couchdb, I gather:
>>
>> ./configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.3/lib
>> --with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.3/include
>>
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.3/lib utils/run
>
> Yes, if xulrunner's lib path were in your shared library load path or
> the libmozjs.so in more common directory (like /usr/local/lib/). But it
> is good to know that our mechanisms for specifying libraries in oddball
> locations works :)

The oddball location was forced onto me by the fact that there's a
conflict between firefox-3.5 and libmozjs-dev (Ubuntu Jaunty).

I was totally unable to get 0.9.1 built against my current set of
installed package when I had to switch back to test the new jcouchdb
release. Ended up building the stuff on the debian on my server and
using an SSH tunnel.

Regards,
Sven Helmberger