couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for objections releasing 0.10
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:29:09 GMT
Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Scott Shumaker <sshumaker@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a replacement for all_docs_by_seq?
>>

> all_docs_by_seq will be in 0.10, but deprecated.
>
> most of it's functionality is available on the 0.10 _changes feed but
> all of it's functionality will be moved to _changes for 0.11

Would it be a problem to the the full _all_docs_by_seq replacement into
0.10. I find it a bit unfortunate that a feature gets removed in the
next release without having one release where the deprecated and its
replacement coexist side by side.

I know the background of the removal so I'm happy for it in this case,
but I think in future releases there should be a longer phase for
deprecation.

Cheers,
  Volker