couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB failing to open socket 5984 ?
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:28:30 GMT
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:48:55AM +0200, Søren Hilmer wrote:
> I was able to get my svn build up and running again.
> After I did a: "make uninstall"
> I issued: "find /usr -name \*couch*"
>
> And it turned up a lot of old issues, so I deleted all those and did a fresh
> "make install" and voila, we are back on listening, ahh time to relax!

OK, I tried this. After make uninstall, the main things turned up by find
were:

* /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/ibrowse-1.4.1/ebin  -- .app and .beam
* /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.XX.0aXXXXXX -- lots of files

I first blew away /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/ibrowse-1.4.1/ebin and
reinstalled, no difference.

So I then did:

  make uninstall
  rm -rf /usr/local/lib/couchdb
  make install

and hey presto, it's working again!

So that seems to be the magic needed. Thanks for pointing me in the right
direction.

Clearly, something in the change to the startup scripts made it sensitive
to these extra files.

Regards,

Brian.