couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: reduce_limit error
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:55:44 GMT
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Brian Candler<B.Candler@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 05:55:56PM +0100, Robert Newson wrote:
>> You can turn it off (caveat emptor);
>>
>> ; Changing reduce_limit to false will disable reduce_limit.
>> ; If you think you're hitting reduce_limit with a "good" reduce function,
>> ; please let us know on the mailing list so we can fine tune the heuristic.
>> [query_server_config]
>> reduce_limit = true
>
> I think that it should be a limit in bytes, not a true/false. I have also
> had cases where I generate a limited-sized reduce value which is a bit
> larger than 200 bytes.

Oh I see that now - returning the first item in the list makes more sense.

As far as a byte limit for the threshold, that would be entirely
possible and not that hard to patch. I'd love to see a patch along
these lines. I like the suggestion to make the threshold configurable
instead of just an on/off switch.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson