couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: Ready for 0.10 Release?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:30:26 GMT
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Adam Kocoloski<> wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:
>> Couchers,
>> We've been sprinting extra hard for the last week to get a lot of new
>> power into CouchDB. I think we're close on Windows support, we just
>> got native view servers, we've added a bunch of robustness around
>> external process handling. There's a bunch more that's happened since
>> 0.9 but the point of this thread is not to list the changes, but to
>> see if there are patches that people feel should go in now, so they
>> make the 0.10 release. Hopefully this is a short list, as I think most
>> of the last-minute patching has been done, but if something's
>> important and easy, we shouldn't forget it.
> Hi Chris, I thought we were going to branch 0.10.x but wait at least a few
> weeks for more testing and bugfixes before releasing 0.10.0.  So much code
> has been flying around ...
> Adam

That's probably smart, just avoid the easy fixes that would otherwise
end up on 0.10.1

But good to see some feedback here about things that should /
shouldn't go into 0.10.x

btw I'd be +1 on putting the windows stuff in 0.10.x, we won't know
until we try it how well it works. We can say Windows support is

Chris Anderson

View raw message