couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Licensing is not important
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:14:21 GMT
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Damien Katz<damien@apache.org> wrote:
> Thank you Bernd. The CouchDB PMC and anyone else interested in contributing
> to development should take this advice to heart.
>
> -Damien

There's an interesting discussion of the Apache License in a few
recent blog posts here, which digs into some of the nuances. It's from
the perspective of the APL outside of the ASF, but touches on a lot of
this pragmatic stuff.

http://blog.opscode.com/2009/08/why-we-chose-the-apache-license.html

Also has good comments.

Chris