couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: Apache Maven/Maven repo (Re: Dependencies in SVN)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:23:12 GMT
> I think I mentioned wanting to fix this a few weeks ago, before all
> the scrutiny. To me it makes sense to wait on changing mochijson until
> after we've released 0.10. If we disrupt the JSON conversion, it's
> better to do it while we've got all of 0.11 ahead of us, to give us
> time to iron out any subtleties. Maybe I'm being too conservative.

I'm definitely on board with waiting for major movement until just
after a release.

> Now is a good time to send our {object, proplist()} -> {proplist()}
> patch upstream. I think we should wait for them to apply it, and then
> switch to their library. As for the UTF-8 stuff, I suppose it's worth
> showing them, too, but I don't think we're too attached to it.

I didn't go through and completely grok the difference but it looked
possible that our patch was a patch on top of what was added to

> On the other hand, if we can get the native JSON parser building
> reliably, maybe we would just go with that instead.

I'm not against this, but I think I'd rather see the native eep0018
picked up as part of its inclusion into Erlang. The driver overhead
still concerns me.

The other bonus of scripting our dependency updates is that we can
ride even closer to trunk for each third party lib to increase the
efficiency for pushing things upstream.

Paul Davis

View raw message