couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uneasiness with use of github for experimentation
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:45:44 GMT
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Mikeal Rogers<mikeal.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> A CLA is required for any contribution, even patches.

You mean that we need to go find every person that's ever put a patch
on JIRA and get them to sign a legal document? And how does this work
if someone points out a one liner to me on IRC? Or over my shoulder?
Or what if someone describes an idea for a feature and I implement it?

The more I ponder the legal ramifications of my interactions the more
I feel as though I should never read dev@ for fear that I unknowingly
introduce someone's intellectual property into SVN.

The scary part is I'm only half joking.

HTH,
Paul Davis