couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: continuous replication API discussion
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:08:33 GMT
Hi,

>> And most importantly, what do we call this DB? :-P  Couch has
>> always used
>> _underscored reserved names, but now we've got a "users" DB.  Best,

> "_users" as a database name would be fine by me, actually it's
> probably a good idea. A "_config" db starts to smell like it should
> just be in the ini. But I think it's worth it to have a JSON
> replication config API, and I think if we had a _config database it'd
> be a great place to set configuration.

Why not have a reserved _named database for each configuration
section? Depending on what the _config eventually evolves to hold you
might find it getting hit frequently - you don't want your replication
settings getting screwed up by settings for other components. You also
may want replication settings to be "public" but other parts to be top
secret, I'd say that's easier to manage at a per database level than
not.
Given that how about _replication for a name?
Cheers
Simon