couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject new format for continuous _changes feed
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:15:49 GMT
Hi folks, I was talking with aquarius and rnewson on IRC about a
possible change to the format of the _changes feed.  We agreed that it
made more sense for the feed=continuous mode to emit individual
newline-delimited valid JSON Objects and skip the commas that are
currently included.  This will allow consumers to split on newlines
and immediately decode the result without any post-processing.
feed=normal and feed=longpoll would stay unchanged.

If there are no objections I can make this change today and update the
replicator as well.  Best,

Adam