couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependencies in SVN
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:10:45 GMT

> FWIW, in my two years with Erlang, I've never came across CEAN in
> any practical setting. I know it exists, but for all I know, nobody
> uses it. There are also the Faxien and Sinian[sp?] distribution
> tools, but they are not widespread either. For all I know, the
> Erlang community is longing for a release management system.
>
> Cheers
> Jan

Apache Maven is implemented in Java, but the Maven master and its
mirrors aren't limited to delivering Java byte code and could deliver
source or beam files.    The make file could download the dependencies
using curl or wget.

If mochiweb, ibrowse and erlang_auth have formal releases, a project
descriptor could be prepared for them and the descriptor and the
release could be uploaded to the master repo.  If they don't, we could
engage with them to coordinate releases.