couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: continuous replication API discussion
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:59:01 GMT
On Aug 18, 2009, at 7:42 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> But maybe we don't even need that for 0.10? I'd be happy to ship
> with the ability to trigger continuous replication on server startup
> that doesn't survive restarts and leave that to the user for the
> time being until we figured out a good way to do the config db.

I think that's best at this point.  POSTing to _replicate with a
"continuous":true field in the body will generate a 202 Accepted
response that included a "_local_id" field in the body.

The downside (as Paul pointed out online) is that the only way to
cancel a continuous replication triggered this way is to restart the
server.

Adam