couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com>
Subject Re: Apache Maven/Maven repo (Re: Dependencies in SVN)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:09:32 GMT
Hi Curt,

On 11 Aug 2009, at 05:17, Curt Arnold wrote:
> I do not think that the question posed on legal-discuss really
> describes the situation since the dependencies are not unmodified
> copies of upstream release but are abridged and in the case of
> mochiweb functionally modified.

Erlang-oauth is 99.9% complete and unabridged.  ibrowse is 100%
complete and unabridged.  The proof is in the pudding:

$ rm ~/src/couchdb/git/couchdb/src/erlang-oauth/Makefile*
$ diff -rw ~/src/erlang-oauth/src/ ~/src/couchdb/git/couchdb/src/
erlang-oauth/
diff -rw /Users/jason/src/erlang-oauth/src/oauth_uri.erl /Users/jason/
src/couchdb/git/couchdb/src/erlang-oauth/oauth_uri.erl
42c42
<   [param_from_header_string(Param) || Param <- re:split(String, ",\
\s*", [{return, list}])].
---
 >   [param_from_header_string(Param) || Param <- re:split(String, ",\
\s*", [{return, list}]), Param =/= ""].

$ rm ~/src/couchdb/git/couchdb/src/ibrowse/Makefile*
$ diff -rw ~/src/ibrowse/src/ ~/src/couchdb/git/couchdb/src/ibrowse/
Only in /Users/jason/src/ibrowse/src/: Emakefile.src
Only in /Users/jason/src/ibrowse/src/: Makefile
Only in /Users/jason/src/couchdb/git/couchdb/src/ibrowse/: ibrowse.app
Only in /Users/jason/src/ibrowse/src/: ibrowse.app.src

Okay, so there is a minor change in erlang-oauth that I didn't know
was there, probably due to upstream applying my patch differently.
I'll look into this.

As for mochiweb, I'm pretty sure we're not intending to fork and as
Paul mentioned we're working hard on preparing for 0.10 so some of
those particular changes haven't been pushed as a patch to upstream
yet (although the UTF-16 surrogate pair patch is already in the Google
project).

I'm still open for discussion about whether we are following the
guidelines correctly but let's get some authoritative input on this.
I've posted a follow-up question to legal-discuss@ asking about minor
modifications so hopefully we can get this resolved once and for all.

Cheers,
--
Jason Davies

www.jasondavies.com