couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject src/erlang-oauth appears to be missing attribution, incubator clearance
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 04:21:04 GMT

On Aug 4, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Damien Katz (JIRA) wrote:

>     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-420?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

>  ]
>
> Damien Katz resolved COUCHDB-420.
> ---------------------------------
>
>    Resolution: Fixed

I finally got around to looking at the code and noticed that it was
missing the standard ASF headers and was going to comment on it.
Looking further is appears to have been independently developed
outside of Apache and licensed under a license (see License.txt in http://github.com/tim/erlang-oauth/tree/master)

  similar to other components, however there is not the required notice.

This really seems like it should have been cleared by the Incubator
PMC before being accepted into the project.  At least it should have
been disclosed in the submission that this wasn't a contribution by
the original author.

Until this is vetted, I'd encourage reverting r800938.