couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Uneasiness with use of github for experimentation
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:13:54 GMT
Git really encourages a more distributed, less centralized approach to
development, that allows the centers of gravity to move as they
evolve. This is a good and healthy thing in many contexts, perhaps
less so in others.

I'm not sure what the issue is with respect to the CLA. What prevents
you from representing a contribution as your original work because it
originated in GitHub? How does playing in an internal Apache sandbox
solve that?

It's important to recognize that not everyone in the CouchDB community
is necessarily part of the Apache community. Some are just friendly
visitors.

Cheers,

Bob