couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject contrib files, svn layout
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:08:00 GMT
Hi dev@,

while debugging the continuous replication issue with Robert I wrote
two scripts* that setup N number of CouchDB instances in /tmp/couchN
and then set up continuous replication for these nodes. I think these
would be of general interest and I'd like to add the them to the
CouchDB source tree. Where should they go?

Locally, I've put them under `svnroot/couchdb/contrib/scripts` but I can
see an argument for not putting them into the source tree. Maybe
`svnroot/contrib/trunk` is a better place (starting a new layout where
projects "next to" CouchDB live in parallel directories in SVN.

I can always put them on my personal GitHub page, but I feel having
this in the ASF SVN gives them better visibility and I can see more and
more useful scripts accumulate and we should have a place for them

Cheers
Jan
--
*http://www.friendpaste.com/5d1cbZglgi42AASqGg6dCg &