couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hammer <st...@dahammer.net>
Subject Re: History Proposal
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 00:48:30 GMT
I am still attempting to get up to speed on the internals of CouchDB,
but could this be accomplished by modifying the current compaction
process to remove all revisions except the last N number of revisions
from a document?

It would slow down compaction, and could cause problems with
on-the-fly compaction, a separate system could have an advantage here.
 Also, there would be an issue with replication, as it doesn't pickup
old revisions of the document.  There are probably additional
drawbacks to this method that I am not aware of.

I might be completely off base here, what do you think?

-Steve