couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven/Maven repo (Re: Dependencies in SVN)
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:30:29 GMT

On Aug 10, 2009, at 12:33 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> But perhaps I've missed something. If you could provide me a link to
> an email discussion or something in the legal documentation that would
> help me understand what the underlying issues are I would be most
> grateful.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
> [2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
> [3] http://www.apache.org/legal/ramblings.html
> [4] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200904.mbox/%3c168ef9ac0904160819v155e440j12d802ae749a315@mail.gmail.com%3e
> [5] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200812.mbox/%3c2d12b2f00812261045k644cdd04ub94ca52bf5d0b77e@mail.gmail.com%3e
> [6] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200908.mbox/%3ccaf30e2a0908090354t616809fcu9d59858e59a47918@mail.gmail.com%3e

The posting on general@incubator was a misdirected request since I'm
relying on recollections of the incubator list traffic from a year or
so ago.  Involving someone who can speak with authority involved would
be helpful, that was the intent, but the wrong way to go about it.

If existing code that is donated has to be cleared by the Incubator  (http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

) before being merged into an existing ASF project, it would seem that
the hurdle to merge in a code base that wasn't donated would have to
be higher.