couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: contrib files, svn layout
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 18:06:46 GMT
On 23/08/2009 19:08, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Locally, I've put them under `svnroot/couchdb/contrib/scripts` but I can
> see an argument for not putting them into the source tree. Maybe
> `svnroot/contrib/trunk` is a better place (starting a new layout where
> projects "next to" CouchDB live in parallel directories in SVN.

I think putting this kind of thing in the repository is a good thing,
but I don't really see the value of a root/contrib/trunk kind of thing.
Since these scripts are intended for use by CouchDB developers and
people interested in hacking on CouchDB, why make it harder on them by
having to check out a separate working dir? I don't think putting them
in couchdb/contrib(/scripts?) comes with some cost that justifies that.

Cheers,

Dirkjan