couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Langridge <stuart.langri...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: new format for continuous _changes feed
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:21:51 GMT
Adam Kocoloski wrote:
> Hi folks, I was talking with aquarius and rnewson on IRC about a
> possible change to the format of the _changes feed.  We agreed that it
> made more sense for the feed=continuous mode to emit individual
> newline-delimited valid JSON Objects and skip the commas that are
> currently included.  This will allow consumers to split on newlines and
> immediately decode the result without any post-processing.  feed=normal
> and feed=longpoll would stay unchanged.

So, just to confirm that I understand this correctly, the
feed=continuous mode would print lots of lines which look like this, one
for each change:

{"seq":3,"id":"5643c5b300e3065839a5bde0b7332948","changes":[{"rev":"3-825cb35de44c433bfb2df415563a19de"}]}

and if you pass since=<whatever> and there's more than one change since
then, the feed would start off containing more than one line?

sil