couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ready for 0.10 Release?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:39:07 GMT
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 02:30:26PM -0700, Chris Anderson wrote:
> btw I'd be +1 on putting the windows stuff in 0.10.x, we won't know
> until we try it how well it works. We can say Windows support is
> alpha.

I'm quite prepared for someone to make a really good argument that convinces me
otherwise, but for now, I don't think this is how our releases should work. A
release is not our way of saying to the wider community "here's all the new
untested shit for you to break your system with" no matter how many alpha, beta,
or similar Greek letters we shove in the NEWS file, which, and lets face it, no
one bothers to read anyway. Subversion HEAD is the proper place to let things
simmer and get fixed as bug reports come in. A release is our way of packaging
up all the reasonably mature stuff and saying "here's some probably stable
features for you to start using."

Best,