couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ready for 0.10 Release?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:10:37 GMT
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 01:58:56PM -0700, Chris Anderson wrote:
> We've been sprinting extra hard for the last week to get a lot of new
> power into CouchDB. I think we're close on Windows support, we just
> got native view servers, we've added a bunch of robustness around
> external process handling. There's a bunch more that's happened since
> 0.9 but the point of this thread is not to list the changes, but to
> see if there are patches that people feel should go in now, so they
> make the 0.10 release. Hopefully this is a short list, as I think most
> of the last-minute patching has been done, but if something's
> important and easy, we shouldn't forget it.

I don't want to be the damp squid[1] here, but for now, shipping with the recent
changes for Windows, or at least claiming Windows support, will get my -0 or -1
vote depending on how convincing people's arguments get.

I wasn't even aware that this had properly landed yet, and it would certainly
need to be simmered in trunk for a few months, with a wide call for testing,
before I would be happy shipping it.

[1] http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/416/squid/

Best,