couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Website redesign
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:44:24 GMT
On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 09:40:52PM +0200, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> But maybe I'm the only one who likes the
> replicating wiki :)

I think it would be a good proving ground for historical _revs, if and when
they arrive.

It would probably flush out a lot of issues around access control: e.g. you
might want to be able to allow wiki updates by replicating *to* the central
wiki site, but not allow total unfettered access from the Internet which
could delete previous revs or the entire wiki.

It might also highlight issues to do with conflicts. That is, I think it
would be better always to show a page which has multiple conflicting
versions as a list, and let the user view them all, rather than just picking
an arbitrary winner, resulting in some people saying "where did my edits
go?"

Regards,

Brian.