couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven/Maven repo (Re: Dependencies in SVN)
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:38:46 GMT
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 01:33:37AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> > The ASF develops and distributes code licensed under the ASL.  An ASF
> > project can depend on software written on other licenses, but distributing
> > or developing software under different licenses is somewhere between
> > atypical and prohibited.  I think any exception would have to be granted by
> > the board.
>
> I've never seen anything when reading through the ASF docs on
> licensing that would indicate including external dependencies is
> 'somewhere between atypical and prohibited'.

As I understand it, the NOTICE file was designed to explicitly handle this:

  http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200908.mbox/<caf30e2a0908092137g20603293s567c5abad94102bc@mail.gmail.com>

Which would suggest it is typical enough to make policy.

Best,