couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven/Maven repo (Re: Dependencies in SVN)
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2009 04:17:05 GMT
On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:53:30PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> Sorry. No. Maven is not the answer and never will be.

I have similarly heard some bad things about Maven:

  Now we go to lunch while Maven downloads the Internet."

               - http://fishbowl.pastiche.org/2007/12/20/maven_broken_by_design/

But argument by assertion is neither helpful, meaningful, or polite.

Curt is doing us a huge favour for us by spotting these problems, explaining
some of the possible solutions, and dedicating his personal time to evaluating
their suitability for the project.

Thanks,