couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: Apache Maven/Maven repo (Re: Dependencies in SVN)
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2009 04:17:05 GMT
On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:53:30PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> Sorry. No. Maven is not the answer and never will be.

I have similarly heard some bad things about Maven:

  Now we go to lunch while Maven downloads the Internet."

But argument by assertion is neither helpful, meaningful, or polite.

Curt is doing us a huge favour for us by spotting these problems, explaining
some of the possible solutions, and dedicating his personal time to evaluating
their suitability for the project.

Noah Slater,

View raw message