couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: History Proposal
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 23:12:56 GMT
On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:04:34PM +0100, Jason Davies wrote:
> All in all, it seems to me that reusing _rev for history saves us having
> to doing an additional read and an additional write (reading the old doc
> or attachment and then writing it as an attachment).  Is this a good
> enough reason to reuse _rev for this?

Without wanting to get involved in the technicalities of the discussions I will
say that with all other things being equal, I would prefer a system that reused
_rev for document history. That so many of our users try to do this naturally
should be clue enough that it might be a good direction to take.

Best,