couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: History Proposal
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 20:01:59 GMT
On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:04:34PM +0100, Jason Davies wrote:
> The other good thing about storing historical
> versions as attachments is that they would get replicated.  Currently we
> don't replicate old MVCC versions, this would have to change as well as
> preventing them from being compacted as you say.

However, we do replicate old MVCC versions if they are conflicting, and we
do keep them through compaction.

Perhaps "conflicting" and "historical" could be treated in roughly the same
way?

You resolve conflicts by deleting the conflicting rev(s). This could be done
for deleting historical versions too.