couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Cryptography in CouchDB
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:37:08 GMT
I don't know if it predates the recent OAuth patch, but I believe the
CouchDB now requires an export notice to be filed.  The export
notification should have been filed before crypto related code was
committed.  I do not know if there is a procedure to follow when the
export notice is not filed beforehand.

See http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html and http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

It should have dawned on me earlier, but I stumbled upon it when I
built Erlang R13B01 from source without previously installing libssl-
dev.  Erlang and CouchDB would build successfully, but CouchDB would
fail on start up.  Surprised me that CouchDB requires ssl to launch.