couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cookie Auth
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:22:14 GMT
2009/7/10 Mark Hammond <skippy.hammond@gmail.com>:
> On 10/07/2009 4:08 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:
> This is starting to sound like feature-creep to me - isn't this better
> served by a front-end tool?  Maybe an erlang-based set of tools around couch
> would be nice, but I like the concept of keeping couch lean-and-mean and
> leaving many of these 'application' concepts outside the core.
>
> Hopefully helpfully...
>
> Mark.

Well cookie auth is an handler, so you could disable it and use
default handler. On the other hand I think couchdb should design
best/default practices for authentification/rights (ie place of user
db, roles & ...) so eventually you could use your own auth handler on
any set of documents. More over having a good authentification handler
in couchdb allow distribution of couchapps with some authentification,
which is very cool and don't hurt all other legacy usages of a db.

- benoît