couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject shortcut for shows and lists
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:09:53 GMT
We discussing yesterday with @jchris and @jasondavies about shortening
shows and lists urls and we arrived on this format :

/db/docid?show=dname/showname
/db/_view/dname/vname?list=listname

This change is very usefull since it allows shorter urls and I think
it's more RESTFul. I had time this morning to write this and I created
a branch on my github repository :

http://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/tree/formuri

To do this I refactored a little couch_httpd_show to reuse code to
display lists and shows and added URL parameters parsing/validation.
All changes made in this branch don't break current CouchDB behavior
so :

* Views are available on

/db/_design/designame/_view/viewname (current behavior) but also on
/db/_view/designame/viewname

* Lists are available on

/db/_design/designame/_list/listname/viewname (current behavior)

but also on
 /db/_view/designame/viewname?list=listname

* Shows are available on

/db/_design/designame/_show/showname/docid

but also on

/db/docid?show=designame/showname

It works quite well here.

- benoit