couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Project description
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:21:51 GMT
seems to me like Erlang is a selling point for some folks. The
sentence reads as if the project is apologizing for it's use of
Erlang. The key point is the use of HTTP so perhaps the mention in
that sentence of Erlang ought to be dropped entirely:

As the API is REST-ful any client environment that supports HTTP can
access a CouchDB database. The database engine is implemented in
Erlang, a highly robust scalable functional programming language ideal
for building distributed systems. The use of Erlang has made for a
simple yet flexible design that is readily extensible and easily
integrates with other server processes.