couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.9.1 release, second round
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 04:04:32 GMT

On Jul 5, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.9.1 release,
> second round.

> artifacts so
> that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made.
> Everyone is
> free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

>  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.9.1/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 0.9.1 tag in Subversion:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.9.1/
>
> Happy voting,
>
> --

I did a few quick checks on the release candidate.

Test 1: diff -r against 0.9.0 release
Result: Expected source file differences, no emerging or disappearing
files

Test 2: diff -r against 0.9.1 tag

A couple of files from the 0.9.1 tag did not make it into the release:

Only in 0.9.1: acinclude.m4.in
Only in 0.9.1/m4: ac_check_curl.m4.gz
Only in 0.9.1/m4: ac_check_icu.m4.gz
Only in 0.9.1/share/www/script/test: attachment_names.js
Only in 0.9.1/src: Makefile.am

attachment_names.js is referenced in share/www/script/couch_tests.js,
so it does not appear to be an unnecessary dead file.
src/Makefile.am appears to be unnecessary since the root Makefile.am
skips the src directory and directly declares src/couchdb, etc.
The .gz files are expanded in the distribution.

Test 3: Apache RAT test (http://incubator.apache.org/rat/)

RAT reports the following files without the Apache license notice in
the SVN tag:

   ./BUGS
   ./CHANGES
   ./THANKS
   ./etc/couchdb/default.ini.tpl.in
   ./etc/couchdb/local.ini
   ./etc/couchdb/local_dev.ini
   ./etc/default/couchdb
   ./etc/launchd/org.apache.couchdb.plist.tpl.in
   ./etc/logrotate.d/couchdb.tpl.in
   ./share/www/_sidebar.html
   ./share/www/script/jquery.form.js
   ./share/www/script/jquery.js
   ./share/www/script/json2.js
   ./src/couchdb/couch.app.tpl.in
   ./src/ibrowse/ibrowse.app
   ./src/ibrowse/ibrowse_test.erl
   ./src/mochiweb/mochifmt.erl
   ./src/mochiweb/mochiweb_util.erl
   ./src/mochiweb/reloader.erl
   ./test/couch_config_test.erl
   ./test/couch_config_writer_test.erl
   ./test/runner.erl
   ./test/runner.sh

The share/www, src/ibrowse and src/mochiweb are expected since they
are not ASF code.  However, the etc/couchdb, src/couchdb and test/
files all appear to be missing the required ASF license notice and are
not trivial.

Per http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions, I
think that should block a release.

Sorry, here is my -1.