couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.9.1 release, second round
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 04:04:32 GMT

On Jul 5, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 0.9.1 release,
> second round.
> artifacts so
> that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made.
> Everyone is
> free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
> These artifacts have been built from the 0.9.1 tag in Subversion:
> Happy voting,
> --
> Noah Slater,

I did a few quick checks on the release candidate.

Test 1: diff -r against 0.9.0 release
Result: Expected source file differences, no emerging or disappearing

Test 2: diff -r against 0.9.1 tag

A couple of files from the 0.9.1 tag did not make it into the release:

Only in 0.9.1:
Only in 0.9.1/m4: ac_check_curl.m4.gz
Only in 0.9.1/m4: ac_check_icu.m4.gz
Only in 0.9.1/share/www/script/test: attachment_names.js
Only in 0.9.1/src:

attachment_names.js is referenced in share/www/script/couch_tests.js,
so it does not appear to be an unnecessary dead file.
src/ appears to be unnecessary since the root
skips the src directory and directly declares src/couchdb, etc.
The .gz files are expanded in the distribution.

Test 3: Apache RAT test (

RAT reports the following files without the Apache license notice in
the SVN tag:

The share/www, src/ibrowse and src/mochiweb are expected since they
are not ASF code.  However, the etc/couchdb, src/couchdb and test/
files all appear to be missing the required ASF license notice and are
not trivial.

Per, I
think that should block a release.

Sorry, here is my -1.