couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: RIP Temp Views?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:19:31 GMT
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> If you like temp views, I'd like to take your concerns into consideration.

I like temp view for figuring stuff out.
I'm not at the stage where I can have thought and presto perfect map/reduce
materialises on the screen in a few keystrokes.I usually only have 10 max
documents in the db.
So have never run into the performance issues.

After I've figured stuff out I create a proper view.
Then proceed to fill up the database

Since I now use ruby for views its not going to be much use to me having a
js temp view emulator...
I like ruby syntax, its nice: emit(key,val) unless doc.name.nil?

Guess when you get rid of temp views "as is" it'll just take a bit longer to
"try" stuff.

Nick :)