couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cookie Auth
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2009 00:27:20 GMT
On 11/07/2009 10:13 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> I think we're on the right track as we're really using this
> development to implement CouchDB's model of roles, which is
> essentially an array of strings like: ["_admin", "foo", "bar"]
>
> Having a working system which brings in more than just the admin role
> is a big step forward in preparing to integrate with other auth
> systems.

Agreed - and this is where the focus should be.  It is quite possible I
misunderstood (I haven't checked the code) but I feared the focus on
'cookie auth' might only produce a system that integrates well with
cookie-auth.  If the focus is on the integration and cookies just happen
to be a 'test bed' for this scheme, then I think we are in violent
agreement (although I'd still maintain that 'test bed' need not be part
of the core...)

Cheers,

Mark