couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cookie Auth
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:21:32 GMT
On 10/07/2009 4:08 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:
> I've just pushed some work based on Jason Davies' cookie-auth branch
> to my github:
>
> http://github.com/jchris/couchdb/tree/jd-cookie-auth
>
> This consolidates login, logout, and whoami to a /_session resource
> that supports POST, GET, and DELETE.
>
> One thing missing here is a /_utils/login.html interface that would
> also handle creating new accounts.
>
> Another is a general consensus around how admins grant roles to new
> users, set default roles, etc.
>
> Take a look at it and feel free to add patches. Tomorrow I plan to
> move to an svn branch, but I'll merge any git patches that come along,
> before moving to svn.

This is starting to sound like feature-creep to me - isn't this better
served by a front-end tool?  Maybe an erlang-based set of tools around
couch would be nice, but I like the concept of keeping couch
lean-and-mean and leaving many of these 'application' concepts outside
the core.

Hopefully helpfully...

Mark.