couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timetable for 0.10.0
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:55:02 GMT
0.10.0 is not 1.0, so it'll still be beta whatever's in it. i've found
0.9 quite stable, consider reporting problems to jira or the mailing
list.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Sergey<skurtsev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse me for interrupting.
> Personally, I've been waiting for some stable CouchDB release for
> months now, since there is some stuff that I'd like to run on it. The
> beta state is holding me from migrating to couchdb or even trying it
> as a worthy alternative.
> May be you should do some really stable release and then proceed with
> new features?
>
> With best regards,
> Sergey.
>
>
>
> 2009/7/3 Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>:
>> Given the downstream work that a release will cause (to package
>> maintainers, etc), I worry about a time-based release approach. That
>> said, I'm sure there'll be compelling new features and enhancements by
>> the end of the month anyway (deterministic revs, pretty please?).
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Thad Guidry<thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My feedback would be:  Were those features worthy of waiting for?  If the
>>> larger community has a need for those features, then perhaps it was best to
>>> wait?  Although CouchDB dev  may be trying to emulate similar approaches
>>> such as Fedora and Ubuntu with quick release cycles for the sake of growth
>>> of the project?  Is that your thinking, Damien?
>>>
>>> - pushed from the sidelines of project development.
>>>
>>> -Thad
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I think we plan on doing a 0.10.0 release within the next month or so, as
>>>> it's been 3+ months since we did 0.9.0.
>>>>
>>>> We shouldn't worry about what features are ready, we should just pick a
>>>> date to make a  0.10.x branch and then no new features go into the branch
>>>> after that, just bug fixes. If it's not in trunk at that time, then it's
not
>>>> in the branch. We wait a week or so to see if any bugs are found, patch the
>>>> branch as we go. Once we have a stable branch, then we release 0.10.0.
>>>>
>>>> I propose Friday, July 31st as the 0.10.x branch date. I don't care that
>>>> much about the exact, but I do want to pick a date and stick with it,
>>>> because I don't want to get into the same situation we did with 0.9.0, where
>>>> it was held up for months as we waited way too long for features I was
>>>> working on. (sorry)
>>>>
>>>> All feedback welcome.
>>>>
>>>> -Damien
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message