couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Timetable for 0.10.0
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:45:07 GMT
I think we plan on doing a 0.10.0 release within the next month or so,
as it's been 3+ months since we did 0.9.0.

We shouldn't worry about what features are ready, we should just pick
a date to make a  0.10.x branch and then no new features go into the
branch after that, just bug fixes. If it's not in trunk at that time,
then it's not in the branch. We wait a week or so to see if any bugs
are found, patch the branch as we go. Once we have a stable branch,
then we release 0.10.0.

I propose Friday, July 31st as the 0.10.x branch date. I don't care
that much about the exact, but I do want to pick a date and stick with
it, because I don't want to get into the same situation we did with
0.9.0, where it was held up for months as we waited way too long for
features I was working on. (sorry)

All feedback welcome.

-Damien